The Building Division administers and enforces the Oregon State Building, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical codes and the fire, life and safety codes within the City's jurisdiction, including the urbanizing area. In addition, the Building Division is responsible for enforcement of the Uniform Housing Code and the Uniform Code for the Abatement of Dangerous Buildings.
The Building Division reviews all plans submitted for building permits, and performs all required inspections throughout construction. The City of Grants Pass Building Division consists of a Building Official, Ken Sandlin, and one inspector / plan reviewer. In addition, the city contracts with 2 inspectors for electrical and plumbing inspections.
The Building Division's goal is to participate in the creation of a community where people can live safely, comfortably, and economically.
Whether you are a homeowner or contractor, please visit the State of Oregon's informational website Permits Protect to learn why you need a permit, how to get one and other useful resources.
Additional Building Information
- Accessory Dwelling Unit Example of Permit Fees and Charges (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Inspection Request Application
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Permit Authorization Form (PDF) - required when property owner or agent is authorizing second party to perform permit application and signing
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Residential Addition and Interior Remodel Checklist (PDF)
- Residential Application Checklist - New Plans (PDF)