The Records Bureau is located in the Josephine County Law Enforcement Annex, located at 5th and B Streets in Grants Pass.
The bureau is staffed with 7 full-time Records Clerks and a Supervisor. Staffing is supplemented when needed by additional on-call and part-time staff to reduce staffing costs and assure quality customer service.
The bureau's mission is to collect, maintain, and retrieve police data in order to support other office operations, other government agencies, and the public. Our goal is to do this in a fiscally responsible and courteous manner.
Records procedures are governed by state regulations and are followed in accordance with department policy and Oregon Revised Statutes.
The primary duties of the Records Bureau include processing non-emergent calls for service and records management. Other duties include calling out city services in emergent situations after business hours, releasing reports to the public (PDF), releasing impounded vehicles, documenting lost items, and accepting found property. The clerks are also able to take counter reports if officer contact is not needed or certain incidents.
Front Counter Hours of Operation
The front counter, located in the Josephine County Courthouse Law Enforcement Annex, is open for customer service during the following days and hours:
- Public Safety Lobby - 7 days a week, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sex Offender Registration - Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. only
Other Agencies' Contact Information
Our Records Bureau has a strong focus on customer service. As the primary point of contact for many of our citizens, we are often able to refer to the correct agency if a request is out of the scope of our services. Most often these referrals are to 1 of the following agencies:
- Animal Control - 541-474-5458
- Department of Motor Vehicles - 541-474-3179
- District Attorney's Office - 541-474-5200
- Grants Pass Helpline Referral Service - 541-479-HELP (541-479-4357)
- Josephine County
- Burn Information Line - 541-476-9663
- Community Transit - 541-956-4071
- Civil Office (Fingerprints) - 541-474-5145
- Courts - 541-476-2309
- Jail - 541-474-5140
- Jury Duty Information - 541-476-6252
- Sheriff's Office - 541-474-5123
- Mental Health - 541-474-5365
- Oregon State Police - 541-474-3174
- Parole and Probation - 541-474-5165
- Road and Weather Conditions
- 511 if in Oregon
- 503-588-2941 for out of state
- Three Rivers Community Hospital - 541-472-7000
- Women's Crisis Support Team - 541-479-9349