Street Tree Standards
All development, residential and commercial, fronting on public or private streets is required to plant street trees in accordance with standards set in Article 23 of the City of Grants Pass Development Code (PDF). See Section 23.070 for more specific requirements.
Location and Placement
Street trees are not permitted in the street right-of-way except in cases where there is a designated planting strip in the right-of-way (e.g. Washington Boulevard).
Intersections (streets, alleys, private driveways)
- No closer than 25 feet from the curb line of intersection of streets or alleys
- No closer than 5 feet from private driveways (measured at the back edge of sidewalk)
- No closer than 5 feet from fire hydrants or utility poles
- No closer than 20 feet
- No closer than 2.5 feet from the face of the curb except at intersections
- Intersections - no closer than 5 feet from the curb corners
Paving / Walkways
- No closer than 2 feet of any permanent hard surface paving or walkway
- Space between the tree and such hard surface may be covered by non-permanent hard surfaces such as grates, bricks on sand, paver blocks, cobblestones, etc.
- Sidewalk cuts in concrete for tree planting must be at least 4 by 4 feet to help allow for air and water into the root area