Crime Prevention Community Programs
The Grants Pass Police Department offers a variety of programs to community members.
These programs are designed to educate, develop and build relationships, and encourage involvement between Grants Pass Police and the community.
Always Safe, Always Prepared (ASAP)
The Always Safe, Always Prepared program was developed to provide instruction to students on an invitation basis.
Always Safe, Always Prepared (ASAP) - Link to page
Auxiliary Volunteer Services & Citizen Corps
Auxiliary volunteers are comprised of individuals who want to help out their community by volunteering their time and talents.
Auxiliary Volunteer Services & Citizen Corps - Link to page
Citizen’s Police Academy
This academy is designed to educate the public about the Grants Pass Police Department and to involve citizens in an interactive opportunity to get to know the officers and firefighters on a more personal level.
Citizen’s Police Academy - Link to page
Neighborhood Watch Program
The Neighborhood Watch consists of neighbors who watch for anything suspicious or anything that depreciates the appearance or safety of their community and then report such observations to the police department.
Neighborhood Watch Program - Link to page
Student Police Academy
The Student Public Safety Academy is a semester long elective course offered at Grants Pass High School to Junior and Senior students.
Student Police Academy - Link to page
Keeping Your Personal Property Safe
Tips on keeping your personal property safe.
Keeping Your Personal Property Safe - Link to page
Other Programs & Activities
In addition to Neighborhood Watch groups, the Prevention Division provides programs, classes, displays, and written informational material which have a positive effect in the city. Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Special events (Safety Fairs- Home Depot, Grants Pass Shopping Center, Parkway Christian Center, YMCA)
- Fraud prevention awareness education
- Business robbery education & prevention
- Trespass education
- Domestic and sexual violence prevention awareness education
- Sexual predator awareness education
- Child safety
- Workplace violence education
- Drug and alcohol awareness education
- ID theft awareness education and prevention
- De-escalation education
- Active shooter education and prevention
- Liaison with the Josephine County Treatment Courts
- Liaison with other community partners (SOFFAST, AMPAC, DSV Council)
- Citizen ride-a-long program
If you are interested in any of the programs listed or would like an officer to attend a function of yours pertaining to one of these topics please contact the Crime Prevention Office at (541) 450-6264.
- Domestic Violence
- Identity Theft
- Ride Along
- Missing Persons/Runaway Report (PDF)
- Vacation Home Watch Program Request Form (PDF)
- Worthless Document-Fraudulent Checks Report (PDF)
Grants Pass Police Department
726 NE 7th Street
Grants Pass, OR 97526