The City has developed pre-approved Accessory Dwelling Unit building plans for property owners/developers. Applicants may submit for a building permit with the information below
- Three complete and "to scale" sets of building plans provided from the City of Grants Pass website printed at 24x36 inches.
- Three copies of a site plan “to scale”.
- Completed and signed Residential Development and Building Permit Application which includes plan submittal requirements.
- If the property is located within a hazard area, such as flood or steep slope, contact your design professional for additional requirements. Development in Special Flood Hazard Areas requires additional City permits for Floodplain Development.
- Accessory Dwelling Units must meet applicable zoning district setbacks for the front, rear, and side yards.
Accessory Dwelling Units cannot exceed 1,000 square feet. The building plans below are for three different sizes of ADU structures.
Building Plans and Permits
For other documents, please go to the Documents, Forms, & Fee Schedules page.