Block Party Permit

To Apply

Plan early to make sure the process is complete before your event. Complete the following forms and tasks:

  1. Block Party Permit Application Form
    Include a map of the area to be closed, the location of barricades, and clearly identify major cross streets
  2. Block Party Petition Form
    At least 75% of all residents living along the portion of the street to be closed must consent to the street closure.
  3. Submit the paperwork at least 30 days prior to the party to City Administration at 101 NW A Street, Room 205, Grants Pass, OR.

Block Party Conditions and Rules

Refer to Municipal Code 4.07.130 for a complete list of conditions and rules including (but not limited to):

  • No block party shall commence prior to 10 a.m. or continue past 11 p.m. on any day. No sound amplification shall be permitted after 10 p.m.
  • No block party may be held within 500 feet of any school, church, hospital, nursing home, or similar operation unless endorsed by the management of such institution.
  • Residents consenting to the block party shall, by their consent, agree to indemnify and hold harmless the City, its officers, and employees from any and all liability or obligation, claims, lawsuits of any kind or nature whatsoever, for personal injury or property damage related to or arising in any way from the block party or related activities.
  • The issuance of a block party permit shall not be construed to permit or condone the consumption of alcoholic beverages on public property.
  • Public right of way must remain accessible to emergency vehicles.
  • Comply with all laws, rules, regulations, and ordinances of the City of Grants Pass.

Permit Forms

  1. Submit these forms to City Administration at:

    101 NW A Street
    Room 205
    Grants Pass, OR 97526
    Phone: 541-450-6000

    Block Party Permit Application Forms (PDF)

    See Also

    Municipal Code 4.07.130 (PDF)