If your event requires a public street to be closed, your event application must go before the City Council for approval.
Completed applications need to be submitted at least 30-60 days prior to the proposed parade date in order for the Council, which meets twice a month, to approve them prior to the event date.
- Complete the Special Event Application Form.
- Include the following in the application package:
- Street Closure Petitioner Form with signatures from businesses and/or residents impacted by the event.
- A map showing the street closure and where barricades will be located.
- The Certificate of Liability Insurance, naming the City of Grants Pass as the certificate holder.
- If closing a state street, include ODOT's approval. ODOT must also be named as a certificate holder on the Certificate of Liability.
- If the event is held on a public street and vendors will be selling on the public street you are closing, complete the Special Event Business and Occupation Tax Form.
- Submit the application package as instructed on Special Events Application Form.
If you have questions or need more information, please call the Administration Department at 541-450-6000.