The City of Grants Pass does not have a separate Housing Department per se, though it does support the development of both affordable housing, and market-rate housing, as well as provide a Housing Resources Directory that provides a description and contact information for state and local partners who provide services related to affordable housing, homeowner and homebuyer assistance and classes, weatherization, homelessness services, and other assistance. The availability of homes at all income levels is essential for a vibrant community. Research has shown that stable, affordable housing is critical to enabling families to attend to other needs, be self-sufficient and productive members of the community.
- Affordable housing is a vital component of economic development. The availability of homes at all income levels means businesses have access to employees with fewer absences. Workers are more stable and invested in their community, children have the opportunity to thrive in school, residents can make healthy choices, and we create a less overall environmental burden. Research has shown that stable, affordable housing is critical to enabling families to attend to other needs, be self-sufficient and productive members of the community.
- I need Affordable Housing
- The City of Grants Pass does not own or operate housing; instead, we partner with affordable and market-rate developers of housing to help meet the housing needs of our growing city.
- I want to buy a home
- I want to rent a home
- 211.org or dial 2-1-1
- Josephine Housing and Community Development Council
- United Community Action Network
- Affordable Housing Properties
- Local property management companies
- I need help tonight
- Do I qualify for affordable housing?
- Affordable housing in Grants Pass is typically restricted to 100% of the Area Median Income for home ownership and 80% of the Area Median Income for rentals. This is because most funding sources are limited to these incomes.
Median income varied based on your household size. The median income for a family of four in Grants Pass in 2022 is $71,800.
Housing Affordability: Salary by occupation versus housing affordability.
Housing Need: The current housing need calculated using US Census Bureau data is illustrated below. More information may be found in the Housing Needs Analysis completed in 2021.
- The City of Grants Pass works to support the development of deed-restricted affordable housing units in a variety of types. We have implemented a variety of tools to help create and retain units.
- Funding resources may include Urban Renewal funding, Affordable Housing SDC Grant, or Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funding.
- For more information on specifics of development code incentives, funding sources, RFPs, FAQs, and other information, go to the Affordable and Market-Rate Housing Developer Resources page.
- Affordable and Market-Rate Housing Developer Resources
- Grants Pass Housing Need Analysis (2021)
- Grants Pass Buildable Lands Inventory (2021)
- Consolidated Plan for 2022-2023 (includes Annual Action Plan)
- Housing Production Strategy Report (2023)
- Developer Resources
- Annual Housing Development Report
- Comprehensive Plan Related Sections