Free 3-hour Public parking during business hours in the Downtown is provided curbside along most streets and in 8 City parking lots.
Free parking is limited to 3 hours Monday - Friday (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) On weekends and after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays, parking is not limited to 3 hours
The following parking lots provide free parking for the public.
- Grasshopper Parking Lot - 201 NW F Street - the corner of F and 4th Streets. This is also where the Grower's Market is held most Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Owl Parking Lot - 138 SW H Street - the corner of 5th and H Streets, between H and G streets
- Osprey Parking Lot - 315 SW 5th Street - the corner of 5th and H Streets, between H and I streets, next to The Haul.
- Beaver Parking Lot - 145 SE G Street - corner of 7th and G Street
- Duck Parking Lot - 7th & G Street, across from Safeway
- Salmon Parking Lot - 5th & I Street, behind Napa Auto Parts
- Brown Bear Parking Lot - SE I Street, between 6th & 7th Streets
- Redwood Parking Lot - 7th & I Street, behind Rogue Theater
Four of the lots also provide Long Term Parking if a permit is purchased.
The long term lots provide 82 reserved parking spaces for people such as employees, employers, and residents of the Central Business District. The reserved spaces require a permit Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Parking Lots with Reserved (Permit) Parking Spaces
- Duck Parking Lot - 7th & G Street, across from Safeway (31 permit spaces)
- Salmon Parking Lot - 5th & I Street, next to Napa Auto Parts (27 permit spaces)
- Brown Bear Parking Lot - SE I Street, between 6th and 7th Streets (17 permit spaces)
- Redwood Parking Lot - 7th & I Street, between 6th and 7th Streets (7 permit spaces)
Permit Application Process
Experience Grants Pass handles the application process at the Downtown Welcome Center located at 198 Southwest Sixth Street.
You can get an application two ways:
- Download and print the application.
- Pick an application up at the Downtown Welcome Center.
Return applications to Experience Grants Pass at the Downtown Welcome Center.
6 Month and Annual Permits
Six-month permit lotteries are open twice per year. Applications are accepted:
- during the months of September for permits valid from October 1 through March 31
- during the month of March for both annual permits, and permits valid from April 1 through September 30. Annual Permits are valid from April 1 through March 31.
If all 6 month permits available are not sold, pro-rated six-month permits are available after October 1st and April 1st on a first-come basis.
Permits Still Available for Following Lots
- Duck Parking Lot - 7th & G Street, across from Safeway (10 Permit Spaces still available)
- Salmon Parking Lot - 5th & I Street, behind Napa Auto Parts (10 Permit Spaces still available)
- Brown Bear Parking Lot - SE I Street, between 6th & 7th Streets (7 Permit Spaces still available)
If there are more applicants than spaces, the City uses a lottery system, as follows:
- A random number is assigned to each application.
- Numbers are drawn by the City Manager or other designated person and witnessed by a Finance Customer Service employee.
- Applicants are notified by phone or email. The applicant has two weeks to pick up the permit, otherwise another application is drawn.
Fees are due when the permits are picked up.