All contractors must be prequalified to work in the right of way or on projects involving the construction of public facilities. For detailed answers, refer to the FAQs on this page.
To become a prequalified contractor, fill out and submit the application form with the original signature and completed notary page, and a copy of your liability insurance form listing the City of Grants Pass as a certificate holder. The City requires minimum insurance limits of one million per claim with a two million aggregate per Resolution No. 5682.
If you are prequalified with the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT), you may submit your ODOT application (including your signed signature and stamped notary page) along with the Grants Pass Cover Page.
Please include two years of work experience relating to the prequalification classes of work you are qualified to perform.
Please note if you currently do not have a Business and Occupation Tax with the City of Grants Pass you will need to pay the City’s required Business Tax before working on any jobs within City limits. You will also not be able to pull any permits without paying the required Business Tax. Please contact the Business Tax department at 541-450-6039 with inquiries and to apply or visit the Business Tax page by clicking here Version OptionsPrequalification RequirementsHeadline.
Submit your application as follows:
Mail or Hand Delivery
Public Works - Engineering Division
Attention: Contractor Prequalifications
101 NW A Street
Grants Pass, OR 97526
Current Prequalified Contractors
The following list is provided for your use in selecting a prequalified contractor to work in the public right of way.
- Who needs to be prequalified with the City of Grants Pass?
- What do I need to submit to become prequalified?
- Where do I turn in my application?
- Is there a cost to submit my application?
- Will you accept my ODOT Prequalification Application?
- How long does it take for my application to be processed?
- How will I be notified of my prequalification status?
- What if I have more questions?
- Who do I contact if I have questions?