The City of Grants Pass Committee on Public Art (CoPA) invites artists 18 years of age and older to submit original artwork in any 2-D or 3-D media with the exception of video/film, installation or performance art for Art in Motion.
This public art project is essentially a gallery on wheels; artwork is displayed as a sign on the side of one of the Josephine Community Transit buses. The art is there to engage people, expand public art visibility, create opportunities for the community to experience art in everyday life and enhance the overall artistic climate of the City of Grants Pass.
This prospectus solicits submissions for two exhibition periods. The first from January through June 2018, and the second from July through December 2018. The work will be selected based on originality, artistic conception and quality. An effort will be made to represent a broad diversity of styles, media and disciplines.
Media Eligibility: All artists working in, but not limited to, the following disciplines are invited to submit images of their work: painting, drawing, printmaking, photography, digital graphics, sculpture, glass, wood, metal/jewelry, ceramics, fiber arts, mixed media, and assemblage. Video/film, installation art and performance art are not appropriate disciplines for the Art in Motion project.
Submissions: Artists must submit a minimum of four (4) images to a maximum of six (6) works. All work submitted must be original, no copy work, no classwork or work done under supervision.
All submissions must include these three (3) items:
- 1. A CD or USB thumb drive for four (4) to six (6) images. Label storage devices with your name. (Storage devices will not be returned.)
- 2. A hard copy printout of your contact information with artist statement.
- 3. A hard copy printout of your inventory of images.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND ORIGINAL ARTWORK. DO NOT ENCLOSE BINDERS, FOLDERS, OR ANY MATERIALS OTHER THAN THE INFORMATION REQUESTED.
Image Format: Images must be clear and professionally presented.
- Images must be submitted in high-resolution jpeg format on a CD or USB thumb drive. For clarity of reproduction, the resolution needs to be as high as possible. Because the image you provide will be used by the printer to create the image for use on the poster, quality of the photos and their scalability will be considered during the process to ensure the best possible image for public viewing.
- Three dimensional art pieces should be photographed against a neutral background. The background can be either flat or graded.
- Label each jpeg image as follows: last name, first initial, entry number (for example: Smith, J 1, Smith, J 2, Smith J 3, etc.).
Jurors: CoPA, the City of Grants Pass Committee on Public Art. Exhibitors will be selected based on originality, art concept and artistic quality. An effort will be made to represent a broad diversity of styles, media and disciplines.
Mail or hand deliver submissions to:
Grants Pass City Hall
101 NW “A” Street
Grants Pass, OR 97526
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: Friday, November 10, 2018
All artists will be contacted via email with the Art in Motion jurying results within 30 days after the submission deadline.