The Water Treatment Plant Superintendent leads the Water Treatment division under the general supervision of the Public Works Director. This position exercises full supervision of employees in the division as well as seasonal and temporary staff. This position manages the operation and maintenance of:
- The oldest continually operated 20 MGD surface water treatment plant in Oregon
- 13 remote booster pump stations and 8 reservoir sites
- Water quality laboratory utilized for process control, water quality control and compliance analysis
- Fiscal responsibility for preparation of an operating and maintenance budget
- Planning City-wide projects relating to the water division
The Superintendent will be integrally involved in the planning and replacement of the City's current Treatment Plant, which is scheduled for replacement with a new Treatment Plant by 2023/2024.