News Flash Home
The original item was published from 7/17/2019 4:19:55 PM to 7/26/2019 5:00:08 PM.
Posted on: July 17, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Job Opportunity: Firewise Coordinator
Job Opportunity Posting
|The position will be responsible for establishing and managing a Firewise Communities Program within the Fire Rescue Division of the Public Safety Department.|
|Essential duties will include:|
- Work with State and Federal agencies to design and implement a program that will lead to neighborhoods in and around the City of Grants Pass accomplishing certification as a Firewise Community.
- Creates the framework for the Firewise program and develop relationships to implement and maintain the program.
- Coordinates wildfire fuels reduction projects on private lands with land owners, monitor past fuels reduction projects on private lands, and conduct weed abatement compliance inspections.
- Assess wildfire hazard risks, provide wildfire mitigation and evacuation planning
- Utilize GIS computer program to create maps of area, analyze data, and support wildfire prevention activities.
- Communicates in a clear and effective manner with the public, local groups, other departments, media and local, state and federal agencies.
- Assists with writing and administering grants for fuels reduction, wildfire education, and forest/watershed management activities.
- Maintains essential program records and prepares program statistical information and other documentation as required by the department.
- Develops and presents community education and program operation materials, conducts public tours of wildfire areas.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle and other equipment
|This position is a full time, limited duration appointment with grant funding. The anticipated duration is 2 years, but not guaranteed|