Join the Parks Division, as a Municipal Services Worker, to work in our City’s beautiful parks! Do you enjoy working outside, have pride in your work, with a focus on safety, and want to make our City a better place? Then, this may be the ideal job for you!
This position will focus on:
- Inspecting and evaluating the condition of parks, sports fields, trails, playgrounds, ponds, and restrooms
- Mowing, edging, and pruning
- Planting vegetation
- Maintenance and repair of irrigation systems
- Applying chemicals
- Performing routine repairs
- Preparing park facilities for large group events
A high school diploma or equivalent with one year of related or specialist/technical training preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the jobs as listed in the job description.
This position is covered in the Teamster bargaining unit and incumbents must live within a 30 minute drive of their regularly assigned work site.