Join the Public Safety Department as an Executive Assistant! This position supports the Public Safety Director and management team with complex, confidential tasks.
Primary duties include:
- Project management
- Complex, confidential administrative support work
- Budget preparation, including collecting and reporting data
- Accounts payable and receivable
- Personnel matters and labor negotiations
- Handling federal and state forfeiture deposits
- Travel and training arrangements
- Tracking of grant-related expenditures
- Maintaining confidential files
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of administrative support practices, computers, English grammar and spelling and communication principles to build strong relationships. Skill in collaborating with teams to accomplish common goals, prioritizing workload to accomplish multiple tasks, budget analysis, account reconciliation, research and problem-solving as well as advanced use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Tasks will include handling confidential and sensitive information, monitoring monthly expenses to ensure adherence to the budget, preparing reports, conducting research, scheduling training and travel for department personnel and tracking performance evaluations.