The City of Grants Pass is looking to fill part-time Public Safety Cadet positions within the Department of Public Safety. The Public Safety Cadet is a Non-Sworn position. Those hired will provide non-emergency support to the police division by enforcing Municipal Code within the Central Business District (CBD) and public parks Duties include patrol of the CBD and City park areas on foot or bicycle, enforcement of city ordinances and response to requests for information and/or assistance from the public.
Additional duties may include:
- Enforce rules, regulations and ordinances by giving verbal or written warnings and issuing citations as appropriate for violations within the Cadet level of authority.
- Safely operate a motor vehicle.
- Alert the Police division to the presence of hazardous situations and criminal activity.
- Assist in preliminary first aid for sick or injured persons and summon help for more seriously injured persons.
- Assist in departmental community policing activities.