Utilize your GIS skills as our GIS Coordinator serve the City of Grants Pass in a career with a purpose.
The GIS Coordinator is responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating and administering the City-wide Geographic Information System (GIS) program and will oversee the overall program's structure and design.
Key essential duties of this position:
- Develops, writes and implements GIS applications to create custom GIS applications
- Responds to and resolves software user inquiries and complaints and troubleshoots user and system problems
- Plans, organizes and coordinates the development goals, objectives, policies and procedures of the City’s GIS program
- Develops and maintains maps and tabular data
- Works with City staff to maintain, revise and improve overall functionality of GIS
- Coordinates GIS user group to plan and implement recommended programs
- Works with outside contractors on large projects such as major changes to GIS, aerial photo and lidar updates