CITY OF GRANTS PASS
SUSTAINABILTY AND ENERGY ACTION TASKFORCE
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
Applications are being accepted for nine positions on the new Sustainability and Energy Action Taskforce. Appointments are for the duration of the taskforce.
The sustainability and energy action taskforce will work in an advisory capacity to the City Council. Working with the community at large and assisting the City to create and implement a Sustainability and Energy Action Plan. The plan will focus on aspects of City operations which can be improved to reduce energy consumption or otherwise made more sustainable. The taskforce will also work with staff to pursue grant funding to support more sustainable practices. All members of the taskforce must reside within the boundaries of Josephine County.
The special qualifications/experience for these positions:
- An Engineer with a background in energy efficiency
- A renewable energy professional/contractor/technician
- A contractor or developer
- A specialist in sustainable agriculture/horticulture practices or landscape architecture
- A person with forestry experience
- 2 Student positions (Grants Pass High School and Rogue Community College)
- 3 Members-at-large
Applications are available at the City Administration Office, 101 N.W. A Street, or online at www.grantspassoregon.gov/committee-application. Applications must be received no later than 5 p.m. Friday, January 7, 2022. Applications will be reviewed, and appointments will be made by the City Council Monday, February 3, 2022.