Join the City team as a Wastewater Collections Superintendent!
The City of Grants Pass is seeking to fill a Wastewater Collections Superintendent position for the Public Works Department. The ideal candidate will be organized, an effective communicator, experienced in managing multiple contracts and varied tasks, and have a positive leadership presence. The Superintendent will be approachable, effective under pressure, and will possess the ability to find appropriate solutions when issues arise.
The ideal candidate will be skilled in the management, maintenance, operation and evaluation of a wastewater collection system, and will provide exceptional customer service, and be an effective leader.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
· Management and oversight of the daily operations of the Grants Pass wastewater collection system
· Schedule, plan and respond to maintenance needs and repairs of the collection/sewer system
· Supervision of staff, to include training, mentoring, coaching and performance management
· Budget development and management, to include capital replacement budgets
· Write and prepare bid specification documents for services, equipment and materials
· Communicates professionally and effectively
· Oversight of division safety programs, training and compliance
· Negotiates, administers and manages contracts for services
· Resolves complaints and concerns professionally and takes necessary corrective action
· Develops and maintains strong, effective working relationships
An Associate’s Degree in a related field and six years of directly related experience, two years of which must be supervisory or lead; training and experience must be sufficient to meet DEQ operator certification requirements; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in the job description.
The City provides education equivalency at the rate of 2 years of directly related experience equaling 1 year of required education. (i.e. an Associate's degree is equal to 4 years of directly related experience.)
- Oregon Driver’s License – Class C
- Oregon Grade 4 Collection Operator Certificate or a Grade 3 Collection Operator Certificate and the ability to obtain Grade 4 within 12 months of appointment to the position.
Reciprocity may apply, visit Oregon DEQ for more information.