Our Police Department is seeking a dynamic customer service individual to join the records division! This position provides administrative/clerical support to our Police Department and non-emergency call taking for our citizens.
This position is responsible for non-emergency police support services including administration of records and customer service. Duties include public counter and telephone customer service, data entry, review and maintenance of records, electronically routing and filing records and reports, records checks, processing warrants and sealed records, and other general office support activities.
The position works varied shifts from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays.
Salary incentives for this position include:
- Associate Degree 2.5%
- Bachelor Degree 5.0%
Note: Degree incentives are not cumulative and are subject to verification.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or GED, and one year of general office experience are required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed in the job description.
- Law Enforcement Data System Certificate within thirty days of appointment to the position; and
- Typing Certificate – 40 words per minute with a minimum 95% accuracy must be attached to application.
Upon successful completion of application review, the next steps are:
- Written testing (approximately 2 hours) scheduled for December 5, 2023
- Observation of the position in our Records Division (2 hour minimum) of the position: Scheduled individually after written test and before interview.
- Interview: Tentatively scheduled for December 12, 2023