News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/6/2017 3:09:00 PM to 2/21/2017 5:10:00 PM.
Posted on: February 6, 2017
[ARCHIVED] Employment Opportunity: Mechanic
|Job Opportunity Posting|
The City of Grants Pass, in beautiful Southern Oregon, is currently accepting applications to fill a full time Mechanic Position.
The general duties of this position are vehicle inspection, maintenance, diagnosis, and repair on light to medium automobiles, trucks, public safety vehicles, and off-road power equipment. Duties include mechanical and electrical work, tune-ups, use of specialized vehicle testing and maintenance equipment and tools, internal customer service, records maintenance and may include response to emergency field repair needs. Employee must provide basic hand tools, to include standard and metric wrenches and sockets.
Proposed schedule for this position is Monday - Thursday 7:00 am to 6:00 pm.
|Training and Experience:A High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent and five years of automotive and/or medium and heavy truck mechanic experience are required; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.|
The following requirements must be met within 12 months of appointment:
- Valid Oregon Driver's License - Class C
The following certifications are preferred:
- Oregon Driver's License - Class B with air brake endorsement
- Refrigerant Recovery and Recycling Certification (MACS, MVAC or equivalent)
- ASE Master Automotive Technician and/or Master Medium/Heavy Truck Technician
- EVT Fire Apparatus Technician Level I Certificate
- EVT Law Enforcement Vehicle Technician Certification